1. What fits your busy schedule better - exercising one hour a day or being fat 24 hours a day?
2. What you eat in private, you wear in public.
3. A workout is 4% of your day...no excuses.
4. I hate when I think I'm buying organic vegetables and when I get home I discover they're just regular donuts.
5. Run more than your mouth.
6. World's Okayest Runner (T-Shirt)
7. You don't get what you wish for...You get what you work for.
8. I run to burn off the crazy.
9. Skin is waterproof. No excuses. Run!
10. Running is simple but it isn't easy.
11. Push harder than yesterday if you want a different tomorrow.
12. Start now. Not tomorrow. Tomorrow won't make any difference. You will as tired as you're now. - Gymaholic
13. You may be tired or weak. Exercising will always make you feel better.
14. There are no benches in running.
15. The trouble with jogging is that by the time you realize you're not in shape for it, it's too far to walk back. - Franklin Jones
16. One pound at a time.
17. I would rather say "I did it" than "I gave up".
18. You think I'm crazy because I run? Trust me. You'd see crazy if I didn't run.
19. Not running...side effects may include: waves of guilt, minor mood swings, feelings of regret, crying, etc.
20. eBib...That moment in the race when you hear sirens and wonder if you passed out and you're just dreaming of finishing.
21. It won't always be easy. It won't always be fun. But it will always be worth it. So get out there and RUN.
22. It's never a question of can you, but will you?
23. Sweat is magic. Cover yourself in it daily to grant your wishes.
24. A mile a day keeps the pounds away.
25. Reminder: The weekend isn't an excuse to cheat on your diet and undo all your hard work from the week.
26. Pic of a running track: Just another day at the Oval Office.
27. Excuses are for people who don't want it bad enough.
28. I often hear someone say, "I'm not a runner," We are all runners. Some just run faster than others. I never met a fake runner.
29. My morning run is the in-between space of yesterday’s forgotten problems & todays beautiful possibilities.
30. It doesn't get easier. You get stronger.
31. "Remember that guy that gave up? Neither does anybody else."
32. eBib...Those three days after your marathon where you regret laughing at the "life alert" lady. "I've fallen and I can't get up."
33. Never quit. If you stumble, get back up. What happened yesterday, no longer matters. Today's another day. So get back on track and move closer to your dreams and goals. You can do it.
34. Fit is not a destination. It is a way of life.
35. If found on ground, please drag across finish line. (T-Shirt)
36. If you see me collapse, pause my Garmin.
37. Dear God, please let there be someone behind me to read this.
38. If it weren't for me, you'd have nobody to pass.
39. Train with no excuses and race with no regrets.
40. Better today than yesterday...but not as good as tomorrow.
41. A marathon is hundreds of miles. The finish is the last 26.22
42. My body may hurt when I run, but my heart hurts when I don't...Distant Runners
43. You run outside in the Winter? What happens if it snows? ... I leave footprints.
44. If you still look cute at the end of your workout, you didn't train hard enough.
45. Food is the most abused anxiety drug. Exercise is the most underutilized antidepressant.
46. You'll get a lot more compliments for working out than you will for sleeping in.
47. At first, they'll ask you WHY you're doing it. Later, they ask you HOW you did it.
48. Never limit where running can take you. I mean that geographically, spiritually, and of course, physically." - Bart Yasso
49. You know you're a runner when Saturday mornings are earlier than Monday.
50. "You are crazy." (A runner's favorite compliment)
51. You know you're a runner when…you're late for work because you ran twelve miles instead of ten.
52. Rather than focusing on how hard something is. Focus on what needs to be done.
53. Where our strength runs out, God's strength begins.
54. When things don't happen right away, just remember it takes six months to build a Rolls-Royce and 13 hours to build a Toyota.
55. There are no traffic jams along the extra mile. - Roger Staubach
56. If you are persistent, you will get it. If you are consistent, you will keep it.
57. Don't put in 1/2 the effort unless you're okay with 1/2 of the results.
58. You don't have to eat less...you just have to eat right.
59. It's hard to get fit, but it's harder to look at the mirror and dislike what you see.
60. Pic of hills: Running has its ups and down.
61. "Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt." - John Muir
62. P R ... Two little letters that make every runner smile.
63. Dear Body, I'm sorry I've treated you this way, feeding you the wrong foods and not taking care of you. I promise to do better and get you back into the best shape and fitness level you can be, we can do it! Sincerely, Me
64. License Plate Trim: My other car is a pair of running shoes.
65. The ability to run the extra mile lies in between your ears, keep going.
66. I don't run until it hurts; I run until the pain stops.
67. Nothing is over until you stop trying.
68. Picture of someone running on the beach: Run until there are no more footprints. It means you beat them all.
69. Sweat is fat crying.
70. Sore? Tired? Out of breath? Sweaty? Good. It's working.
71. I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again.
72. Exercise would be so much more rewarding if calories screamed while you burned them.
73. I run because punching people is frowned upon.
74. Once you see results, it becomes an addiction.
75. Whenever I see someone running faster than me, I assume they aren't going as far.
76. Running must be the only aspect of life in which, "it's all downhill from here," is literally the best thing you can hear.
77. I never regret when I do it, I always regret it when I don't.
78. Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it has to outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you had better BE RUNNING!
79. It's never a question of can you, but WILL YOU?
80. Don't lose faith, you got this.
81. Fitness: It's not about being better than someone else. It's about being a better YOU.
82. Run with your heart instead of your mind. When you think with your mind, you think of the things you can or can't do. But when you run with your heart, you forget about what you can't do, and just go out and do it. RUN!
83. Running doesn't define me, but I feel like every mile I run adds to the person I want to be.
84. Have you heard? I am a runner. What that means is that I run. A runner isn't defined by their pace or their size or what they look like. Runners are like family. We support each other and we stick together.
85. I will beat her. I will train harder. I will eat cleaner. I know her weaknesses. I know her strengths. I've lost to her before, but not this time. She is going down. I have the advantage because I know her well. She is the old me.
86. When I run my prayer is not to win. My desire is that no matter the outcome of my race, that I glorify God with the talent He has blessed me with. I pray that my integrity and character are always a representation of my Saviour.
87. A runner has no off season.
88. There will be a day I can longer do this. THAT DAY IS NOT TODAY.
89. You don't have to go fast; you just have to go.
90. The tortoise and the hare both finished the race.
91. Will run for food. (T-Shirt)
92. A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day...NO EXCUSES.
93. If I could give one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through My eyes, only then would you realize how special you are to Me. - God
94. Ok. So you had a bad day. Don't beat yourself up over it, but don't let one bad decision send you spiraling out of control. Grab those running shoes and get back into it. Get back to making decisions that improve your health and your happiness. You are who you choose to be.
95. You know you're a runner if sometimes a run is needed with no rules, no distance planned, just your heart and the road.
96. FOCUS if you want to reach that goal so bad you will have to make sacrifices, stay focused, stay passionate. - Gymaholic
97. There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.
98. Fitness "it's not something you achieve and forget, it's something you attain and maintain” Fitness is a lifestyle. - Bonnie Pfiester
99. F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything and Run or Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours. - Spartan
100. Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up. - Chinese proverb
101. REMEMBER HOW...your clothes don't fit, your body feels sluggish, your skin doesn't glow, you don't have energy, you want to feel beautiful, you're regretting what you ate, you're wishing you worked out, you wanted to change, BEFORE MAKING ANOTHER UNHEALTHY CHOICE.
102. Keep running...don't let your excuses catch up.
103. Because there's nothing like the feeling after a hard workout.
104. That's the thing about running: your greatest runs are rarely measured by racing success. They are moments in time when running allows you to see how wonderful life is. - Kara Goucher
105. Every day is a good day when you run. - Kevin Nelson
106. Why yes, I do run like a girl...Try to keep up.
107. We cannot give our hearts to God and keep our bodies for ourselves. - Elisabeth Elliot
108. Runner's Prayer: God, grant me the strength to travel this distance, the courage to push through the pain and the wisdom to know when to pick up the pace. Without Your guidance and understanding I could not be the runner I am. Amen.
109. Runner's Prayer: Run by my side; live in my heartbeat; give strength to my steps. As the cold surrounds, as the wind pushes me, I know You surround me. AS the sun warms me, as the rain cleanses me, I know You are touching me, challenging me, loving me. And so I give You this run. Thank You for matching my stride. Amen.
110. God, source of my strength, Protect me as I go my way. In the face of failure and pain, Grant me the courage I need today. Thank You for my life and health, To move and run free. Thank You for the gift of time, TO be the runner You want me to be. Stay with me, O God, Till it's time for me to rest. May my run be pleasing to You, Through You, I can do my best. "A Runner's Prayer"
111. "If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run." - John Bingham
112. Running is not about being better than someone else. It's about being better than you used to be.
113. "You're never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." - C. S. Lewis
114. "They said I couldn't do it. They said the road was too long, the journey too arduous. They were wr------- " oh. Dry heaves. Hang on."
115. Running is like coffee. I'm much nicer after I've had one.
116. Running is nothing more than a series of arguments between the part of your brain that wants to stop and the part that wants to keep going.
117. Run with purpose...1 Corinthians 9.26
118. JUST RUN. "It's very hard to understand in the beginning that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit."
119. First you feel like dying. Then you feel reborn.
120. Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us...Hebrews 12.1
121. Sore or Sorry. You pick. (Nike)
122. Yeah, it's cold. RUN ANYWAY.
123. You will never always be motivated. You have to learn to be disciplined. - Gymaholic
124. How will this choice affect your goal? - Jillian Michaels
125. Run like your phone is at 1%.
126. Ask yourself if what you're doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.
127. Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.
128. Run a marathon, they said...It'll be fun, they said. (Pic of runner collapsed on the ground)
129. Every run is a gift.
130. Running won't kill you, you'll pass out first. - I am a trail runner (Handprint Logo)
131. Be prepared each day to confront your own self-sabotage.
132. It is far better to be exhausted from success than to be rested from failure.
133. Discipline means doing what needs to be done, even when you don't want to.
134. I don't mind coming to work, but this eight-hour wait to go home is really starting to mess with my running schedule.
135. Did you know? For the first 15 minutes of your workout, your body burns sugars and carbs. After 30 minutes, your body enters the FAT BURNING ZONE! KEEP PUSHING!
136. Change will happen no matter what. But if you do something it will be THE CANGE YOU WANT. - darebee.com
137. Put a dollar in a jar every time you work out, set a goal for yourself like $100 then use the money to treat yourself! Like a new outfit.
138. YESTERDAY YOU SAID TOMORROW.
139. The faster you RUN the sooner you're done.
140. Change your vocabulary from "Exercise and Diet" to "Train and Eat". It's way more fun. - Chris Freytag
141. Calves to big. Butt to small. Pants don't fit. Runner's Problems.
142. I am getting lighter with every step.
143. I put in my time no matter the circumstances. (Someone running in the rain)
144. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass away anyway. - Earl Nightingale
145. Is there ever a day when going for a run doesn't seem like the worst idea in the world when you start, and the best when you finish? - e. oldroyd
146. You can feel sore tomorrow or you can feel sorry tomorrow. You choose.
147. If you don't like our sport, find one with a bench in it. Running is a mental sport and we're all insane. Our sport is your sports punishment. We separate the boys from the men. No half times. NO timeouts. No breaks. From start to finish. WE RUN CROSS COUNTRY!
148. I want to be free...So I became a runner.
149. THE ROADS are always open.
150. I am a runner because I run. Not because I run fast. Not because I run far.
151. Look in the mirror...that's your competition.
152. Surround yourself with those who challenge you, push you, motivate you, those who keep your fire lit and make you better.
153. We are what we repeatedly do. - Aristotle
154. My Mama always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on. And I think that's what my running was all about. - Forrest Gump
155. Running is running. It hurts, but that's all it does. The most difficult part of the training is training the mind. You build calluses on your feet to endure the road. You build calluses on your mind to endure the pain. There's only one way to do that. You have to get out there and run.
156. Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life.
157. You don't need a runner's body to run, but you do need to run to get a runner's body.
158. Call me crazy but I love suffering the day after my workout.
159. Summer bodies are made in the winter.
160. I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
161. "There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. Where you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results."
162. Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another.
163. Cross Country. Finally, a good use for a golf course.
164. "Unless you puke, faint or die, keeping going." - Jillian Michaels
165. Exercise in the morning, before your brain figures out what you're doing.
166. You're run is 100% mental. Your body won't go where your mind doesn't push it.
167. In the end, it’s your run and yours alone. Others can run it with you but no one can run it for you. Embrace it. Be strong. Keep moving forward.
168. Athletes eat and train, they don't diet and exercise.
169. I run so I don't choke people.
170. You can't outrun aging, but the better shape you're in, the longer it takes for your age to catch up to you.
171. You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. - Zig Ziglar
172. "Junk food you've craved for an hour, or the body you've craved for a lifetime? Your decision."
173. Running has taught me that I am capable of so much more than I ever imagined.
174. TRAIL RUNNING...Where every stick is a snake until proven otherwise. - mematic.net
175. MONDAY...Target your butt, legs and abs. TUESDAY...Target your arms and chest. WEDNESDAY...Target your back and shoulders. THURSDAY...Target your butt, legs and abs. Friday...Target your trouble spot.
176. The ultimate goal isn't to look fit. It's to be fit.
177. Psalm 26.2 - Test me, Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind. 26.2 miles with God
178. Your legs are not giving out. Your head is giving up.
179. If you went running when you first started thinking about it, you'd be back by now.
180. Don't look down. Runners who look down use more oxygen and run slower than those who keep their steely gaze fixed dead ahead. - ManyMiles.com
181. (Running) Distance makes the heart grow stronger.
182. Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second. - William James
183. You know you're a runner if...your first thought when you look at the weekly weather forecast is how it is going to affect your runs.
184. HONK if you're about to run me over.
185. An imperfect workout done today is better than a perfect workout delayed indefinitely.
186. Every runner has a reason.
187. Rise. Run. Rest. Repeat.
188. It's a hill...GET OVER IT.
189. Quit making excuses, putting it off, complaining about it, dreaming about it, whining about it, crying about it, believing you can't, worrying if you can, waiting until you're older, skinnier, richer, braver, or all around better. Suck it up, hold on tight, say a prayer, make a plan & JUST DO IT. – Nike
190. There is no app for this... (Pic of trail in the woods)
191. You are not hungry. You are bored. Drink some water & learn the difference.
192. "Nearly all runners know the voice in their heads that tells them to back off when the going gets tough. Part of training is to help you get better at ignoring this voice and continuing to push even though the voice gets louder and louder as you get more and more fatigued...Don't hope that the race feels easy. Expect it to be hard and know that you're going to have to repeatedly challenge yourself to ignore the voice in your head that wants you to slow down." - Greg McMillian
193. It's hard to get fit, but it's harder to look at the mirror and dislike what you see.
194. Losing weight is hard. Being overweight is hard. Choose your hard.
195. "The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach." - Benajamin Mays
196. Rain might come, Sleet or sun, Doesn't matter, I'll still run.
197. Forget about getting skinny. Eat well & exercise. The weight will take care of itself.
198. 50…Fat…Diabetic…Ahead of You (T-Shirt)
199. We never know how far we can go unless we run. - "Secretariat"
200. Far from what I once was but not yet what I'm going to be.
201. "Respect training. Honor the commitment. Cherish the results.”
202. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
203. KEEP RUNNING.
204. Hills. We love them. We hate them. They make us strong. They make us weak. Today I chose to embrace hills. - Hal Higdon
205. Me and running don't always see eye to eye. Some days it hurts more than others. But it doesn't mean I don't do it. I deal with it and I keep running because not everything that is good for you always feels good for you. EVERY DAY IS THE DAY.
206. JUST RUN. People ask why I run. I say "If you have to ask, you will never understand". It is something only those select few know. Those who put themselves through pain, but deep down know how good it feels.
207. Don't waste time thinking about it...Just lace up those trainers and step out the door. You'll be out there feeling proud of yourself for making the decision to walk, jog or run towards your weight loss and fitness goals. JUST DO IT.
208. If you wait for the perfect conditions, you'll never get anything done.
209. Trying to get in shape...maybe running 5 days a week, it is often called "obsessive"...so sitting at home watching TV 5 days a week isn't? - Rolsey
210. When I think I can't do it anymore, I reach out to God and ask Him to give me strength.
211. At mile 20 I thought I was dead. At mile 22 I wished I was dead. At mile 26 I realized I had become too tough to kill.
212. One more lap...I don't stop when I'm tired. I stop when I'm done.
213. Don't wait to get faster to run with a group...run with a group so you get faster.
214. Strive for progress not perfection.
215. Think you won't make a difference with one run? You won't make any difference doing nothing.
216. When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.
217. Never feel bad about taking time out for your running. Example is the best teacher.
218. Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. Hard is what makes it great. - A League of Their Own
219. The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea. - Isak Dinesen
220. Those who think they have no time to exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness. - Edward Stanley
221. Nobody actually cares what you think you look like when you workout. What really matters is how you feel when you are finished.
222. Celebrate finish lines, not finish times.
223. A single run can take you many places.
224. Sometimes all you need is an open road to wash away all problems...GO RUN!
225. Runners don't hibernate.
226. I am a runner. I am strong. Nothing can stop me. Nothing unless my iPod dies.
227. While running, it is rude to count the people you pass OUT LOUD.
228. It's only cold when you are standing still.
229. The first step is the hardest. But it's oh so worth it.
230. Who cares if you look gross while running? You'll look AMAZING when it pays off.
231. EAT. PRAY. RUN.
232. If you can read this, then I'm winning.
233. Sometimes running is the only thing that makes sense.
234. Run to add life to your days, not days to your life.
235. Anybody can be a runner. We were meant to MOVE. We were meant to RUN. - Bill Rodgers
236. If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up.
237. If you don't step forward, you will always be in the same place.
238. Running slow isn’t a character flaw; Quitting is. - Jacqueline Gunderson
239. "The world is your treadmill. Run all over it."
240. We start as a group of people...we finish as a group of friends.
241. "Don't ask me why I run. Ask yourself why you don't."
242. I may not OUTRUN you...But I will OUTLAST you.
243. "My coach said I run like a girl and I said if he ran a little faster he could, too." - Mia Hamm
244. RUN. The word itself asks a question when you spell it out...ARE YOU IN?
245. Focus on how far you've come, not how far you have to go.
246. Passion...is pushing yourself when no one else is around.
247. "A run has never returned me exactly the same. I go, I grow." - Kristin Armstrong
248. I'd rather be standing at the top of the hill that I just dominated unable to breathe, ready to puke, hair matted to my forehead, than at the bottom wondering what it would feel like.
249. Hit the wall harder than it hits you.
250. eBib: [A father talking to his little son:] You better clean that mess up. Your mom didn't get to run today...no telling what level of crazy we are working with!
251. No Train...No Gain.
252. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper. - Adelle Davis
253. Pain is temporary, but your finishing time posted on the internet is forever.
254. REST (it's part of the program!) ... REMEMBER: Muscles are torn in the gym, fed in the kitchen, and built in bed.
255. But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall RUN, and not be weary; and they shall WALK, and not faint. – Isaiah 40:31
256. Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong. - Nike.com
257. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
259. It's not that I love working out...It's that I really hate feeling fat.
260. You know you're a runner when...you run up and down the street three or four times to get the last 1/4 of a mile in on your Garmin.
261. Running in the rain...exercise, therapy, and a shower...all at the same time.
262. Strength doesn't come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't do.
263. When you think you are done you are into 40% of what your body is capable of doing.
264. If you can't fly, RUN. If you can't run, WALK. If you can't walk, crawl. But by all means keep moving. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
265. You aren't fat. You HAVE fat.
266. The only bad workout is the one that didn't happen.
267. 30% workout...70% diet.
268. You don't stop running because you get old. You get old because you stop running.
269. If you continuously compete with others, you become bitter, but if you continuously compete with yourself, you become better.
270. Good things come to those who sweat.
271. Don't think of them as hills; think of them as "mounds of opportunity."
272. Even if you can't physically see the results in front of you, every single effort is changing your body from the inside. Never get discouraged.
273. Running makes worries disappear.
274. Be a hill seeker. Most of us try to avoid hills, but what's so good about flat? Think about it: flat tires, flat hair, flat returns and ... the ultimate ... flatlining. Life happens on hills. They're opportunities to prove to yourself that you're stronger than you imagined. If you never attempt the ascent, you'll never know the thrill of the swooshing down the other side.
275. Just stick with it...what seems so hard now will one day be your warm up.
276. "I didn't ask you to be her/him. I asked you to be you." - God
277. You've got what it takes, but it will take everything you've got.
278. What God knows about me is more important than what others think about me.
279. Stay dedicated, it's not going to happen overnight.
280. Running any route in the rain makes you feel 50 percent more hard-core than covering the same route on a sunny day.
281. If you care a little about being called a jogger versus a runner, you're a runner.
282. Running is a grownup's lost link to playing outside. - Kristin Armstrong
283. DON'T GIVE UP...Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
284. “The race always hurts. Expect it to hurt. You don't train so it doesn't hurt. You train so you can tolerate it."
285. "…forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize…” - Philippians 3:13-14
286. Dating Tip: Run as fast as you can towards God, and if someone keeps up, introduce yourself.
287. Stop running from what God is calling you to do, because you can never cross the finish line running the wrong direction.
288. Be who God wants you to be, not what others want to see.
289. WALK yourself out of a bad mood. Studies show that even a 10 MINUTE walk immediately BOOSTS brain chemistry to increase HAPPINESS.
290. One of the greatest moments in life is realizing that two weeks ago, you couldn't do what you just did.
291. Eat for the body you want, not the body you have.
292. Are you sabotaging your long run by running the wrong pace?
293. When you feel like you cannot go another step, that when you give it everything you've got.
294. "You messed up your diet and you didn't exercise today - So what? You didn't ruin anything. Get back on track tomorrow. If you have one flat tire, do you slash the other three? Of course not." - Jillian Michaels
295. Something only a runner would understand...The first mile is a liar. Don't trust it.
296. "Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most." - Abraham Lincoln
297. It doesn't matter how slow you go, just as long as you don't stop.
298. "If one could run without getting tired, I don't think one would often want to do anything else." - C. S. Lewis
299. There are 1,440 minutes in a day, can't you spare 30 of them for running?
300. The real run begins the moment you forget you are running.
301. RUN...it releases so much more than just sweat.
302. "It would be a shame to work so hard to be fit for this world, and be unfit for the King. Jesus died so we may live." - Bonnie Pfiester – www.PfitBlog.com – 1 Timothy 4:8 - "For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come."
303. "Today I will run for the pure, absolute joy." - Lopen Lomong
304. Keep going. No one ever drowned in sweat.
305. Cross Country…Real athletes run miles...not yards.
306. Lean on God when your strength is weak.
307. If the world was blind, how many people would you impress?
308. Run the mile you are in.
309. "I work 6 days a week. Every day for four years. For a 12 second race."
310. WE KNOW...victory tastes sweet once you spit out the dirt...BECAUSE WE RUN XC
311. No one can take away your finish line, even if they crossed it first. - Runlikeagirl.ca
312. "Swimming is the worst part of a triathlon. If you stop pedaling on a bike, you coast. If you stop running you, you walk. If you stop swimming, you drowned."
313. It's not about what you're capable of, it's about what you are willing to endure. - RunHaven.com
314. "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." - Fred DeVito
315. Your diet is number 1! You can live in the gym, but if you don't eat clean you're wasting your time.
316. I only run half marathons. I'm lazy like that.
317. If I can't go faster, I'll go longer.
318. I already know what giving up feels like. I want to see what happens if I don't. - Neila Rey
319. 27.3...I got lost!
320. A 12-minute mile is just as far as a 6-minute mile.
321. No time. Tired. Sore. Dirty Workout clothes. Blisters. It's too hot. Don't like sweating. Too many bags to carry. I'll eat less today. Hard day at work. Need a break. Great day at work. Need a reward. Just one day off. Excuses will always be there for you. Opportunity won't.
322. A river cuts through rock, not because if its power but its persistence.
323. Whatever you believe about yourself on the inside is what you will manifest on the outside.
324. It takes 4 weeks for YOU to see your body changing. It takes 8 weeks for your FRIENDS AND FAMILY. It takes 12 weeks for THE REST OF THE WORLD. KEEP GOING!
325. A run does not have to be perfect to be wonderful. - oursoleintent.com
326. This seems like a lot of work for a banana. (T-Shirt)
327. Don't avoid the hills! In running, in cycling, and in life. Strength is found when you tackle the seemingly impossible! - Run For God
328. When I run...one foot touches God's creation and the other brings me one step closer to Him.
329. Be not afraid of going slowly, be afraid of only standing still.
330. It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. You will need to make healthy decisions. It requires sacrifice. You will need to push your body to its max. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's worth it.
331. INNER STRENGTH...I don't sweat for pounds, inches, or dress size. I sweat to make my outside match my inside.
332. Running is like telling your body you're gonna hate me for this but you'll thank me later.
333. SORE TODAY...SOAR TOMORROW - fti (Adam E. Fladie)
334. Leave your mark on the weekend! Go out and Run for God! - Run For God
335. We all leave footprints. Make yours count. - mile-posts.com
336. ...let us run with ENDURANCE the race... - Hebrews 12:1 - RunForGod.com
337. Warning: My workouts may contain graphic material, like working out, using weights, and pushing myself to my limits. Viewer discretion is advised.
338. The key to a good weekend is to logoff and RUN! Shift into running mode and go...Run For God!
339. Log off. Shut down. Go run.
340. You don't get better at running hills by walking them.
341. If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse.
342. I run because somehow completely exhausting myself is the most relaxing part of my day.
343. For every mile you run, an intricate system of 52 bones, 66 joints, and more than 100 ligaments, muscles, and tendons slap the earth an average of 1,700 times.
344. Slow you are...train you must - Yoda
345. 30 days from now you're either going to be blown away by how much you've improved in how you look, feel, and perform. Or you're going to regret not having done your best. The choice is yours!
346. Sometimes the best runs come on days you didn't feel like running.
347. No matter how slow you are, you're still lapping everyone on the couch.
348. It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not. - James Gordon
349. Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to RUN in the RAIN.
350. Gonna run 'til I don't jiggle.
351. If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. – Gymaholic
352. You know you are a runner when you know where exactly one mile from your front door is…in any direction.
353. Push yourself. No one else is going to do it for you.
354. Pic of turtle: Your speed doesn’t matter, forward is forward.
355. The person who starts the marathon is not the same person who finishes.
356. On a T-shirt: If you want to go running with me, you’d better be prepared to walk a lot.
357. Suck it up and one day you won’t have to suck it in.
358. DO or DO NOT. THERE IS NO try. – Yoda
359. Don’t think about what can happen in a month. Don’t think about what can happen in a year. Just focus on the 24 hours in front of you and do what you can to get closer to where you want to be. - #FITPOSSIBLEdaily push
360. You didn’t come this far to only come this far – complete every day.
361. Today is the perfect day to make a change…even if you don’t feel like it. – Gymaholic
362. Nothing is going to happen in your comfort zone. - Gymaholic
363. You will never know your limits unless you push yourself to them.
364. When I lost all my excuses…I found my results.
365. The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
366. There’s no magic pill. All the old clichés are true. Diet & Exercise. Diet is first and foremost. It really is 80% nutrition – 20% exercise. You can’t out work a bad diet! – Ray Stewart
367. If you could get a glimpse of where you could be and what your potential really is and how much more you could give. The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is NOW! – JJ Peterson
368. It’s not going to be any easier to do it tomorrow, so why don’t you just go ahead and do it today? – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
369. I RUN. I LIFT. I DIET. I don’t do it for my husband. I don’t do it to prove anything. I’m not doing it to compete. I’m not doing it to be accepted. I’m doing it because God gave me A GIFT, A BODY, A LIFE, and it’s my job to take care of it. I refuse to trash or neglect that gift. I want every step, every lift, every bite to say THANK YOU GOD. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
370. I'M NOT MOTIVATED! The gym doesn't give me the warm fuzzies. I don't always enjoy my workouts. Sometimes, I don't want to do it all. I was not born with extra energy or desire to exercise. Sometimes, I downright dread it. There are times each step of my run is forced and each exercise is a chore. But, even if I'm not motivated, I can still be disciplined. I don't need to be excited about each workout to get results. The results are what excited me. I don't have to feel strong to get stronger. I don't have to feel energized to burn calories, I just have to do the work. I don't have time to wait on motivation to show up. I have to show up anyway, with or without it. Just knowing I will get the same results with or without feeling motivated, is pretty darn motivating to me. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
371. Your body doesn't care if your mind is motivated. Results are the same with or without it. Just show up. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
372. If you are struggling, that's a good thing. It means you haven't given up. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
373. My run may be slow, and my weights might be light, but I am a winner, every day I show up. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
374. If you stop killing yourself with food, you won't have to keep killing yourself in the gym. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
375. It doesn't matter how hard you work in the gym if you don't control what you put on your plate. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
376. "Let every single drop of sweat remind you of every calorie burned - and how much harder it was to burn than it was to eat." – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
377. LIVING FIT: It's not just about what you start doing right, it's about what you are willing to stop doing wrong. What are you still holding on to that could be holding you back? – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
378. If you started working out when you started complaining about feeling fat, you'd be fit by now. Quit talking, Start doing. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
379. PROOF - My actions will be evidence of my desire. It's not a matter of IF I will reach my goal, but only WHEN. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
380. The only thing you should ever QUIT is GIVING UP. – Steve Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
381. It really is this simple: NOTHING CHANGES IF NOTHING CHANGES. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
382. Exercise is 1 step forward...BUT, a Poor Diet is 2 steps BACK! You Can't Compete with What You Eat. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
383. Doing crunches and continuing to eat poorly is like...detailing your car and continuing to drive in the mud. Don't erase your hard work in the gym by continuing to make poor choices after you leave. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
384. "If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, maybe your neighbor is just taking better care of it! Take care of your body." – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
385. "Every day you decide not to get fit is one more day you decide to remain the same." – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
386. I will not erase all the hard work I did this past week by being irresponsible and lazy over the weekend! – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
387. JUST BECAUSE...I have money, I don't have to spend it. I have time, I don't have to waste it. I have a thought, I don't have to say it. I have an excuse, I don't have to use it. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
388. If you aren't willing to risk failure then you can't succeed. In Fred Astaire's first screen test, the judges wrote: Can't act. Can't sing. Slightly bald. Can dance a little. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
389. MOVE! You have the choice TO SIT or GET FIT! – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
390. The only time you truly CAN’T exercise is when you're dead. You HAVE time, you just need to MAKE time. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
391. It's not about how many times you get knocked down, it's how quick you get back up & fight. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
392. If it's not tough...it can't make you tougher! – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
393. 32 Hours: The average time Americans spend online per month. 10 Hours: The recommended time the CDC suggests exercising per month. Yes, you DO have time. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
394. What do you want more? A Biggie Size Meal or Regular Size Body? The fight against obesity starts with YOU! Say No To Obesity! – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
395. Failure is NOT final...unless you give up. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
396. Don't eat in 1 sitting more than you are willing to burn in 1 workout. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
397. "I love to run,...I just hate to start!" The hardest step, is the first step out the door. Lace up & Step Out! – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
398. As much as this hurts, quitting hurts more! – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
399. How to kill a bad habit: QUIT Feeding It. Starve your temptations. Feed your fitness. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
400. Live, eat, talk, listen, work, move, spend, love, read, and pray with purpose. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
401. Weakness is not a fault...unless it's ignored. Weakness is a requirement. It's a prerequisite for strength for strength. In our weakness we are made strong. We do not get stronger by lifting something we can already handle. Our strength builds during weakness. Without weakness, without challenge, there will be no change. – 2 Corinthians 12:10 – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
402. On a piece of cardboard: WILL WORK FOR A FIT BODY...Anyone can give you money, clothes and a place to sleep, but no one can give you a fit healthy body. That's something you have to work for. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
403. EAT LESS. SWEAT MORE. 7 days a week. 52 weeks a year. Your weight and health is the sum of many workouts and many meals. Don't be good to your body just for a few days, or until you lose weight. Consistently take care of your body, so it can consistently take care of you. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
404. The gym is not a social club for the fit. It's a training ground for everyone. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
405. LIVE TODAY HOW YOU DESIRE TO BE TOMORROW. Don't just talk about it or dream about it – do it, be it. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
406. The scale is your body's bank statement. It shows how good or bad you manage what goes in and what comes out. It takes 3,500 calories to erase 1 pound of fat. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
407. Just because you don't read the labels, doesn't mean the calories aren't there. If you don't see the calories on the label, you may see them later on your hips. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
408. I'm defining more than just my body. I'm defining myself. Shape your body, mind, spirit and future. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
409. I'M WORTH THE FIGHT. Fighting for what I want is hard work. I will get beat up along the way. Giving up may seem like a relief, but then I just beat myself up. Either way, I'm going to take some punches. So, I'd rather the battles scars be from success rather than failure. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
410. FAILURE is not always about what you ARE doing, but what you ARE NOT doing. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
411. My "FAT" may be YOUR "Skinny". My "SKINNY" may be Your "FAT". Don't judge. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, or what the scale says. It's all about feeling good in your own skin. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
412. What is more uncomfortable? restricting calories? or restricting clothing? – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
413. FLEE from temptation without leaving a forwarding address. Kick temptation to the curb for good! – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
414. NOTHING IS WASTED...No mistake, no failure, no pain, no loss, no experience (good or bad) has to be wasted. They can all be used to be better & stronger. – TD Jakes – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
415. It will take hard work. You'll have to be strong. I'm talking about what you do in the gym. I'm talking about what you do in the kitchen. BE STRONG. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
416. Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. – Will Rogers – PFitBlog.com
417. Starve Temptation...Feed Fitness...You can't give in to temptation, if you avoid it to begin with. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
418. You'll succeed when you...Focus more on what you should eat, and less on what you shouldn't. – Evolution Nutrition – It's not about having less food, it's about having better fuel. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
419. SLEEP MORE...EAT LESS. Sometimes the best way to avoid extra calories is just to go to bed. – PFitBlog.com
420. If you have lost weight only to gain it back, you have an advantage. You know you've done it before, and you can do it again. – PFitBlog.com
421. How miserable do we need to be? To do something? To finally change? – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
422. Discipline is the bridge between goals & accomplishment. – John Rohn – PFitBlog.com
423. Being fit doesn't require motivation. It requires discipline. I don't have to feel like working out. I just have to do it. I don't have to love it. I'll love the results. – PFitBlog.com
424. I RUN. (Not for a medal) I LIFT. (Not to break a record) FITNESS (It's not my sport, it's a lifestyle) My reward is not a trophy, it's my life. – PFitBlog.com
425. You may not know you have an addiction until you try to give it up. Test yourself. – PFitBlog.com
426. Fat is like debt. Stored fat is all the extra food your body couldn't afford to eat. It's all the extra food you ate on "credit", and now it's just waiting to be paid off. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
427. I will fail. And when I do, I will not beat myself up, but I also won't cut myself so much slack that I quit trying to improve. Failure isn't an excuse to quit. It's fuel to try harder! – PFitBlog.com
428. I will eat to fuel my body, not just entertain my tongue & satisfy my emotions. – PFitBlog.com
429. "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming – WOW – What a Ride!" – Attributed to Bill McKenna, Anonymous and in a Nissan ad.
430. NO ONE looked at their abs in a mirror and said, "I wish I ate more pizza!" – PFitBlog.com
431. Strength is not feeling strong, it is staying the course when you feel weak. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
432. Gyms are like churches...What you do there doesn't matter near as much as what you do once you leave. Believe it. Do it. Live it. – PFitBlog.com
433. When you can't catch your breath, when your muscles are on fire, when you are dying to sleep in, when you're hungry, when you're tired, when the scale won't budge, when you're feeling sorry for yourself, when you are doubting yourself...as long as you don't give up, FAT WILL EVENTUALLY SURRENDER! – PFitBlog.com
434. Fitness is like cake. Once you taste it you want everyone to try it! – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
435. I RUN BECAUSE...The more I run, the more I'm out of the house. The more I'm out of the house, the more I'm out of the kitchen. The more I'm out of the kitchen, the more I'm out of the pantry. The more I'm out of the pantry, the more I'm out of the peanut butter. The more I'm out of the peanut butter, the better my clothes fit. What? You thought it was for exercise? – PFitBlog.com
436. Fitness isn't knowing what to do. It's doing what we know. Most people know what to do, they just aren't doing it! Don't just know fitness. Do it! – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
437. Even something really good, can be bad for you if it keeps you from your best. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
438. If yesterday was a complete bust, make your workout today a must! – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
439. Your life will change when you realize the blessing is worth the sacrifice. – PFitBlog.com
440. "You can't compete with what you eat." Food...Small Hamburger, Small French Fry, Small Soda, 10 Minutes, 1,175 Calories vs. Exercise...Running, 11.67 Miles, 5 MPH, 2 Hours 20 Minutes, 1,168 Calories – Data from LoseIt App – Steve Pfiester – PFitBlog.com
441. I FAILED...AND I'M PROUD OF IT! That means I tried. Many people don't try. I took the risk. And I'll take it again. I'll keep trying, even if I keep failing, because it makes me stronger, wiser, better. – Philippians 3:13 – PFitBlog.com
442. FOOD FANTASTY...If you want to fantasize about food, don't stop at the first bite. Keep the story going. Think about how it will taste, but how you only want more. Then think about how full you will be, but how fat you will feel. Think about how hard you'll have to work to erase the calories and feel good again. Think about the setback, the regret, the scale and the reality that will follow. Sure, think about food all you want, but think beyond the first bite. Have Food, but don't let it Have You. – PFitBlog.com
443. It would be a shame...to work so hard on my body but neglect my soul. – Bonnie Pfiester – PFitBlog.com